BlogCatalog


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shingles The Aftermath

Shingles The Aftermath: Why I am so Paranoid.

This is pretty much how I think of things. I have had Shingles, it was not fun. And by 'not fun' I in turn mean that stabbing myself in the side would have been prefferd.

My experiance with it was the infection traveled down the length of one nerve from my spine. The infection took on the form of bumps very much like chickenpox. In fact I belive Shingles is a part of the Chickenpox virus. The same cures for the itching chickenpox can help ease the itching in Shingles. But there is a very good reasion that doctors prescribe painkillers...

It hurts.

It hurts so badly that just about a week before my Shingles showed my side felt like the mussels were being slashed. The pain was so intense that I set an appointment with a doctor. The day before I went was when the spots showed and a coworker said that I probably had Shingles.

Fortunately there is a prescription that prevents most of the spreading. This was good because I didn't have to miss any work. Unfortunately I was an idiot and passed on the offered painkillers. If I leaned too far forward my shirt would touch my back and I would wince and cringe. This also happened every time I breathed and basically life sucked for two months.

Now for why I am paranoid.

My Shingles were triggered by some mad crazy stress. The kind of stress that you are left shaking from for two days. Now when Iver I am stressed I get just a little worried if I am going to trigger the Shingles again. Why? Because Shingles never totally goes away. It is always there and could come back.

So please take my word and if you get Shingles take the offered painkillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment