BlogCatalog


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

RIAA Shuts Down LimeWire

It has finally happened.

YaHoo! News: Court shuts down LimeWire music-sharing service

I can't say that I am all that surprised that LimeWire was finally shut down. Considering all the viresse that your computer could catch and the fact that the RIAA is batshitcrazy this really isn't a shock.

I do still find it shocking that the RIAA insist's that people exchanging music led to the collapse of the music industry and not the fact they they were charging people $25 for a domestic CD. Of course the greed didn't effect things at all! I'm surprised that they didn't go after the companies that produced blank CDs because with out them people would never have know cheep it actually was to produce CDs.

I know I have not purchased as many CDs as I did in the past. 1998 was when I saw the $25 CD and refused to buy them. I couldn't afford it. Hearing about kids getting their CD collections stolen and having to re-buy them all was painful to listen to. When Sony had their 15 minuets in the news with a bad program on their CDs, that was the final nail in the coffin.

I did buy one new CD this year, sadly it was Lady GaGa. The price was a more reasionable $15. But still too much in my mind. I definatly need to look into buying from iTunes or the like.

If you are wondering what I listened to during this lull of purchasing, I was listing to the radio and what free songs I could find on my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment