BlogCatalog


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Atkins Diet pt2

So, when deciding that you are going to try the Atkins Diet plan your meals before you start. Look up recipes and fill your fridge with enough for the week and so that when you go poking around looking for a snake you won't get tempted to grab something carb filled and pre-made.

And... That didn't last long. I had Swiss cheese and ham for lunch and I suddenly felt ill. This was my first warrning flag. My second came later that night after I got home from work. We had bacon, an assortment of cheese and the ham&cheese that I had had for lunch.

I thought about it and every time my stomach would lurch at the thought of eating more meat & cheese. Then the thought of having to do this for the next god knows how long made me almost cry.

So I made some garlic-y death ceaser salad dressing and was happy.

Oh, also? Telling my dad that I only agreed to the Atkins Diet to 'shut my mom up' was not a good idea. In my defense this happened before I finished making my salad.

Now, I understand that this would only have been for a few weeks and such but it just isn't for me. I know it works for my mom and other people though so it is worth a try.

Personally I hate diets. I'm happy with how I look because I know that my lack of exercise if the problem. Which is easy for me to fix when it stops snowing. I also have the tools to work indoors but I get board with this. I'm going to be getting a collapsible bike when I get my taxes back. Mostly because it'll fit in my car and I can ride it after work. Also to bring it to NYC when I visit my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment